Flying to Frazier Lake Airpark - 1C9
This page is for information ONLY. Do Not use for flight planning or navigation!
Check Aviation Weather, NOTAMS, TFRs by calling 1-800-WX-BRIEF
Frazier Lake Airpark is Located:
34.2 NM on Radial 122 from SJC VOR (San Jose International Airport) KSJC
18.6 NM on Radial 004 from SNS VOR (Salinas Airport) KSNS
10.0 NM SE from South County Airport - E16
4.0 NM NW from Hollister Airport - KCVH
When Flying into Frazier Lake Airpark, Follow these simple rules:
- Runway 23/5 is a turf runway and is subject to changing conditions.
- Use at your own risk and be sure to check NOTAMS
- The runway is closed Mondays for scheduled grass cutting
- The runway is closed during wet conditions
- Touch and go landings are not allowed
- Please use soft field techniques when using the turf runway
- Night Operations Not Recommended
- Fuel is not available at Frazier Lake
- Fuel is available at Hollister Muni (KCVH), 4NM Southeast
- Fuel is available at South County Airport (E16), 10 NM Northwest
-Warning- All Pilots
The data contained on this web page is for reference only and is subject to change. Please comply with FAR 91.103 and take the required preflight action. Prior to flight, telephone an FSS (1-800-992-7433 or 1-800-WX-BRIEF) to obtain current data. These web pages are NOT intended to provide information essential to flight operations.
Most of the time 1C9 weather is very similar to KCVH but can be different. Do not rely on South County (E16) AWOS for indication of 1C9 wind. Wind patterns usually shift near Gilroy.
Please verify wind and traffic before entering pattern. There are non-radio equipped aircraft at the airpark and in the area. The CDF operates out of KCVH (4NM SE) and frequently fly overhead.